Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Not So Scary Y-Seams

I have a new baby quilt that I've been working on for a very special, longtime friend. 

I am incredibly happy for her, and this is going to be a really special baby. 


I've been learning Y-seams just for this quilt.

They're really not as scary as people make them out to seem.

That being said, piecing is slow-going, and I need to take breaks with other projects in between to keep my sanity, but it's not terrible. 


I am glad that it's a project that I waited on until my consistency with seam allowance improved, though.

And I have a closer relationship to my seam ripper. hahaha


I got on the somewhat low volume bandwagon.

I really wanted the colored, arrow-type pieces to pop. 


I don't know if it's a boy or girl (my money's on boy), but I think it's gender-neutral enough.

And these are fabrics that really remind me of my friend.


Look at that beauty of a seam!

Some are certainly better than others, but it's coming along nicely. 


Not too shabby here, either.  
 

I can't wait to finish this baby up and pass it on. 

I love making quilts for friends, praying for them and their families, putting my love in the quilt. 

Any new skills that you're working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment